October was a BIG month for us. Not only did we celebrate Maci's first birthday, Halloween, we welcomed Rylee J into our family.
Addi had so much fun at Maci's Birthday. They got to dress up in their Halloween costumes, go through a haunted house (kid version), and eat lots of cake and ice cream.
Davis and Addi in their costumes before the party started
The birthday girl and Addi. Happy first birthday MACI
Carving the pumpkins
Before I get into the story of Rylee J's birth just a warning that this might get long and a little more information then you bargained for. I am saying this because I want to remember everything about Rylee's birth. Ok then here we go.
I will start with my last Doctor appointment. That was Thurs Oct 23, 2014. When I went in she checked me and I was 4 cm dilated and 60% effaced. I asked her if she thought stripping my membranes would help get things started because I wasn't feeling any contractions. She decided to strip them and see what happens. I called my mom on my way home and told her to be ready to come up just in case the baby came. I didn't feel anything until about seven that night. We timed my contractions and I was having them every two minutes for an hour. They weren't painful but the were uncomfortable. We decided to go in because contracting every two minutes is annoying. My mom got so nervous and excited she decided to come up. They met us at the hospital in Tooele. I then got hooked up to monitor. I was still a four but I was contracting every minute. Things then slowed down to every three minutes and I didn't progress. After two hours of this my Doctor said I could go home. So we did. I felt so stupid for going in and not progressing further. We got home at midnight and I didn't stop contracting until two in the morning after I had gotten in the bath to relax things. The next day my parents and I decided to go on a long walk. Dustin was feeling sick he couldn't even sit up. So we took Addi and walked four miles. I contracted on and off but not consistently. I then made Dustin take me on a bumpy truck ride. He still was not feeling good so I drove while he kept me company. I contracted little more on the bumpy ride but as soon as we stopped I stopped contracting. We then headed into Tooele for some dinner. I started feeling more pain in the contractions but they were so inconsistent that I thought nothing of it. My parents and I joked about just doing a drive-by window check at the hospital to see if things had changed but we decided to head home. When we got home I started feeling a little more uncomfortable so I got in the tub to try and relax my contractions again. Dustin came to check on me. I was doing pretty good still so he put Addison down for bed. He came back and saw me with two pretty painful contractions. He suggested we go in but I didn't want to quite yet cause I still felt dumb for going in the first time. I had only the two painful contractions. I did feel like I needed to pee so I had him help me to the toilet. We then saw the "bloody show" my water didn't break then but that convinced me to go in. Dustin ran to have my mom get me dressed while he got the car ready. I just put on a t-shirt and decided to put my garment bottoms on and basketball shorts. When I got down the stairs the contractions were getting harder. Dustin called the hospital as we were driving away from the house at 8:57 pm telling them we were on our way. We got going into town still driving the speed limit when I felt the crown of Rylee's head. I realize if we didn't hurry we weren't going to make it. So Dustin put on the hazards and started speeding. Now I felt bad for Dustin because I was in a lot of pain. He could tell I was and I know he was having a hard time seeing me in that much pain and not being able to help. Well as we were driving on the highway to Tooele going 100 mph (no lie) there were some cars that understood what was going on but some cars didn't have a clue. When we looked back on this event we realize that every time we came upon a car that didn't get out of the way we needed too slow down to turn or another car was coming. We were defiantly blessed to get to the hospital safe and sound. Dustin called the hospital and 9:03 and said be ready baby is coming. The nurses told us they would be outside waiting. All of a sudden I started barring down. I could feel the baby coming and I couldn't stop her. I started yelling oh no oh no oh no! Dustin asked if he should pull over I said no she is coming just keep going. Now I couldn't lean my seat back because the car seat was behind me and it wouldn't lean back . I couldn't jump in the back because Addison car seat was on the other side. So after a couple pushing contractions Rylee J came out. . Sense we were driving 100 miles an hour, I was balancing because I had to stand up a little bit so Rylee could come. I could not catch Rylee because I was balancing and in pain .Good thing I was wearing my garment bottoms because that is what caught her. If not she would have slipped right onto the floor. I then was able to pull my shorts to my knees to grab Rylee's head. She was not crying so I was panicking hoping that the cord wasn't wrapped around her neck. I pulled her up too see her and that is when she cried once. She was still breathing but not as good. We were around the corner to the hospital and I felt that everything was going to be ok. That feeling calmed me down right away. 9:07 Dustin called the hospital saying the baby was here so be ready. Dustin was still pretty worked up but after Rylee was here I felt instantly better. I kept telling him that I was ok, I felt so much better, to keep driving safe. 9:10 we came speeding up to the delivery entrance were the nurse pulled Rylee's legs the rest of the way out and called time of birth. The nurses later told us they were wondering how they would know what car would be ours. They soon figured it out when we came speeding up to the doors. (Doing Tokyo drift into the front entrance ha) They also told me that they had a laugh when they opened the door I was pointing well down there like I was saying there she is ha. They were also impressed on how calm we were. Well the nurses cut the cord wrapped the baby and took her into the hospital to put her on oxygen. I remember saying is she going to be ok? They told me that she was fine and I did so good. Then a nurse helped me get my shorts the rest of the way off and draped me with a sheet. Then they put me into the wheel chair and wheeled me into the room. As I was being wheeled in Dustin saw my mom pulling around the corner so he stayed to tell her what happened. As she pulled up and saw Dusty there she thought why aren't you in with my daughter ha. He then said we had the baby in the car and she was pretty shocked. She said she didn't remember what she thought she knew she had to hurry in to me. She was got there in time to see me deliver the placenta with the nurse. We had kept Rylee's middle name a secret from her so when she asked what her name was and we told her Rylee Julie, I saw the look on her face and I will always remember it. I love her so much that I wanted a some way to let her know that. I almost teared up myself when I told her. Rylee was now off the oxygen and doing so good. The Doctor finally got there just in time to stich me up.
My dad stayed back with Addison so after my neighbor was able to come over and bail him out he came to the hospital. When he got there I looked at him and said, "Dad I had my baby in my pants." We then laughed for good five minutes. I do remember shaking though through out the whole night. Not from the cold but from the adrenaline and pain. I didn't stop until the morning. My dad called my sisters on a conference call and we are a joking/sharing everything kind of a family. So they all thought it was pretty crazy and funny that I couldn't make it to the hospital in 13 minutes. (Usually it takes 20 minutes from my house to the hospital) The exception to the rule was Natalie. She was crying thinking of how much pain I was in and that no one cared ha ha. She was getting in her car with her two kids right then to come see me. I had to call her and tell her I was fine. I was joking and laughing too so she would calm down. Ha I love her she is so sweet to think of me. I also read on facebook after with my other two sisters telling people about my delivery. It was so sweet of them to have called me their hero. To be honest I love them so much they have always been my heroes!
Well enough of that here are some pictures :)
Rylee Julie Barnhurst Born October 24, 2014 at 9:10pm 7lbs 7oz 20 inches long
No hospital pj;s for me ha
oh crap I had to put some on :(
Grandma and Grandpa Barnhurst were able to make it the next day. They then spoiled Addison and took her to the aquarium. Thank you!
Addison meeting Rylee for the first time. They wouldn't let her in because of the flu season. Darn it so we had to have her meet Rylee through the window.
Aunt Stephanie was able to come the next day too as well as aunt Natalie.
The aquarium pictures
On our way home from the hospital. We left that night after 24 hours of us being there. I would rather be home so that is why we were released at 10:00 pm
When we got home this is how I found Addison. Snuggling with her cousin Davis. So cute! It melts my heart
These next pictures are of Addison holding Rylee for the first time! Also I love how Davis was in on the action ha! If you see a random hand that is Davis
giving kisses
Davis's turn!
Uncle Evan and Aunt Kelsey surprised us to meet Rylee
This picture is so funny! She is gassy ha
Getting ready to head to grandma Whipples house so she can take care of us
Addi was done with pictures ha
This picture is funny in many ways Addi loves her sister so much already she fell asleep with her hand on the car seat. Rylee always sleeps with her mouth open as well.
We stopped at great grandma whipple and great grandma baughs house as well so they could met Rylee.
Grandma Whipple
Grandma Baugh
3 generation picture
Happy Halloween from a bumble bee and a ladybug!
Such a good story! I love it!
ReplyDelete